Saturday, October 10, 2009

Catching up. Images taken on August 23, 2009

Well, here I go as I sort through the thousands on wildflower images I have taken recently. I know I should be posting these as I go, but other parts of my busy life always seem to jump in and demand my attention. Okay, my excuse is out there, and I am sticking to it. These images were taken either at the Mill Mountain Wildflower Garden or along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I hope you like them, and feel free to leave a comment about any image you wish.



This wildflower is an Asiatic Dayflower (Commelina communis), and is a member of the Spiderwort family.



Black Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)


Black Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)


Wild Phlox (Phlox divaricata)


This Wildflower is called the Obedient Plant, of False Dragonhead (Physostegia virginiana). Thanks to Skye Lark for this identification.


This is a Tiger Swallowtail butterfly on a Bull Thistle (Cirsium vulgare). This Bull Thistle must have been mighty good, because this butterfly did not care where I was, nor what I did.


Another shot of the Tiger Swallowtail butterfly on a Bull Thistle (Cirsium vulgare).

No comments:

Post a Comment