Thursday, January 21, 2010

More Wildfower Images and some insight

Here we are in the middle of winter. I still have hundreds of images that I have not posted from last year. It is a bit overwhelming, but I am sure I can get through it if I could just focus. (No pun intended)
I have noticed that my shooting styles change a bit from day to day, so that might be mood related, but I don't know. Sometimes I image wildflowers with a bit of the background evident and in focus, or slightly out of focus to highlight the primary in the image, the flower. But sometimes I seem to avoid any background at all and expose strictly at the flower bloom, maximizing detail there, and nowhere else. Here are some examples of this bold imaging, which were shot on the same day back in May 2009.



This wildflower is a Wild Geranium (Geranium maculatum). This is a flower that always draws my attention.



I am relatively sure that this wildflower is a member of the Ranunculaceae, or Buttercup family. However, without leaves in the image, it is hard to tell which one it is.



Another image of a member of the Buttercup family, but earlier in its bloom cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment