Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blue Ridge Orchid Society Show - March 11-13, 2011

Yessirree. It is starting into wildflower season. I have already shot some images for 2011 at a wildflower garden in Franklin County. The early Crocus and Snowdrops are starting to bloom. The Forsythia in my front yard is taking an early stretch, but the grass is still brown, which keeps me from mowing it for a while longer.

I wanted to let viewers of this blog know about the Orchid Show for the Blue Ridge Orchid Society. It is going to be held on Friday, March 11th, Saturday, March 12th, and Sunday, March 13th, 2011 at Greenbrier Nurseries on Starkey Road in SW Roanoke County. I know that Orchids are not wildflowers, but this show should not be missed. The variety and beauty of these flowers is incredible, and to have so many in one place is not to be missed. So check it out. I might see you there. Thanks to Dr. Nancy Cowden of Lynchburg College for tipping me off to this show. I appreciate the "heads up", Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment