Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Images fron late April 2010

I know it is late, but I kind of like working with wildflower photos when there are none to be seen right now. Also, to answer some of the questions that I have been asked lately, I like to photograph wildflowers as they are. Unlike other wildflower photographers, I do not search for perfect looking flowers. I do not pass up a chance to photograph a wildflower because a bug ate some of its petals, or the symmetry is not perfect. I like wildflowers the way they are, with whatever imperfections they may have. To me, that is character. If you are looking for perfect wildflower shots, you probably will be disappointed here. I shoot 'em like I see 'em. I hope that helps to explain a bit of my imagery.


This is Wood Poppy (Stylophorum diphyllum). Also known as Golden Poppy.



This is Pink Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis). Tall and delicate.



This is the Common Bluebell (Hyacinthoides non-scripta). I do not see these as much as I do the Virginia Bluebells.



This is Spiderwort (Tradescantis ohiensis). It is also known as Cow Slobber (no joke).



This is Yellow Lady's-slipper (Cypripedium parviflorum).



This wildflower is a Wild Geranium (Geranium maculatum).



This wildflower is Eastern Bluestar (Amsonia tabernaemontana). It is also known as Blue Dogbane.



These wildflowers are White Dwarf Creasted Iris (Iris cristata).



These wildflowers are Crimson Clover (Trifolium incarnatum).



Another image of the Pink Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis). This is one of my favorite images.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I've never seen the Common Bluebell around the Roanoke area before, just the Virginia Bluebell. A different look, but very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica. Yes, I do see them from time to time, but not too often. I am glad you like the photos. I will try to keep posting them as fast as I can.

    ReplyDelete