Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Images of Spring 2011

Spring has sprung and these are the first images for this blog in the spring season. These images were taken in my neighborhood. Of course, since they have decided to live near me, I give them the honors of being the first images of spring for me. Some of the images were taken at the offices of the Roanoke Valley Garden Club.

 This is Yellow Hyacinth (Hyacinthus orientalis)


 This is Jane Magnolia (Magnolia x 'Jane'). It is not a wildflower, but a hybrid. Sorry, but the color was too stunning to pass up. Located at the Garden Club Offices.


This is Jane Magnolia (Magnolia x 'Jane'). It is not a wildflower, but a hybrid. Sorry, but the color was too stunning to pass up. Located at the Garden Club Offices.


Periwinkle (Vinca minor). I could not pass up the composition with the cut branch.


Periwinkle (Vinca minor). This is the normal five petal flower next to a less common four petal bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment