Monday, May 11, 2009

More Wildflowers In My Yard

I have found a way to fill in the short breaks in my work at home. I grab the camera and photograph the increasing number of wildflowers that have taken up residence in my yard. I have never noticed this many varieties before, but I probably just didn't notice. I hope you like these.

A Red Azalea, blooming a bit later than the others. This color is so rich, it is hard to do it justice in a photo.



This flower is called Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum). This is another bunch growing in one of my flowerbeds. These wildflowers are simply beautiful, and rival Bloodroot as one of my favorites.



The Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum), This time a side view image. Considering these blooms are only six inches off the ground, I had to get low to shoot this image.



These are a few more of the Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum) in my yard. I am a lucky person to have them visiting me this spring.



This wildflower is known as Common Mallow (Malva neglecta). Thanks to Doug with the "heads up" on this identification.


2 comments:

  1. I believe that your unknown flower is Malva neglecta (Common mallow).

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/shyzaboy/3904194191

    Your pictures are fantastic, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug, and you were right. Common Mallow.

    ReplyDelete